Dived with MV Manta Queen 3 December 2022 - 338 days ago
+ : Things we loved :
- The boat is spacious, comfortable and well organised
- The food was varied and excellent, snacks and free drinks were always availale too. No alcohol on board but they informed us of the fact and let us buy beer or other drinks and use the fridges, which eventually was probably cheaper.
- The boat (thai) staff was very helpful, efficient and always smiling.
- Course director Joe is very efficient, he gives extensive and detailed briefings and keeps the schedule on time, a very neat and efficient organisation.
- The dive guides were nice and most of the time efficient in the way dives took place.
- : things that could have been better / can be improved :
- it was a pity that the fourth dive of the day was limited to 40 minutes, as it was the shallowest staying a bit longer would have been appreciated
- I would have loved to have another night dive (only one in the trip), 2 night + 2 sunset dives instead of 3 sunset dive + 1 night dive
- we missed the last dive due to mistakes from the guides (one group was very slow to enter the water, the other two wanted to wait for them and we all passively let us get drifted away from the wreck) and no compensation was offered to us (It was impossible to repeat the dive as it was the last one, but a free T-shirt or goodie as a compensation would have been apreciated)
- It was a bit surprising that course director Joe never bothered once in 6 days to ask us how we were doing, if things were OK for us, etc, as a course director a few words to each guest / customer / diver would be appreciated.
All in all it was a good experience, good organisaion (except the last dive ), I would definitely recommand this trip on this boat.
Visited dive sites: Similan Islands, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai, Richelieu Rock, Boonsung Wreck on a 5 Days / 5 Nights Liveaboard Trip in Thailand.